Using a smartphone is always handy especially when it comes to location tracking. Here are the 5 best apps to track your lost iPhone’s location for free.
Location tracking is an enormously useful feature. Here are some everyday scenarios where location tracking is indispensable:
- When a loved one travels, we worry about their safety. Knowing their current location can do much to put our minds at ease.
- Is your child hanging out in the seedy part of town? Are they playing truant when they should be in school? A look at their present location should give you the info you need.
- Are your employees working where they should be? Tracking their location can tell you.
- Your phone fell out of your pocket, but you don’t know exactly where. You should be able to find it by tracking its location.
See: How to use Google Search to locate lost Android Smartphone or Tablet
The market is flooded with apps capable of tracking an iPhone’s location. Not all of them are worth your time, however. To help you make the right choice, we give you a hand-picked list of the 5 apps that do an outstanding job of tracking any iDevice:
#1 Spyic – Making iPhone Location Tracking a Piece of Cake
If there’s one iPhone location tracking app you shouldn’t miss, it’s Spyic. Not only is Spyic effective and easy to use, but it’s also very discreet. You’ll be able to track an iPhone’s location stealthily, which can come in handy occasionally.
Spyic is a top-rated parental monitoring app with cutting-edge location tracking features. Millions of people from over 190+ countries around the planet – including concerned parents and employers – use Spyic. It’s a trustworthy app.
How to track an iPhone by Spyic? You need to set it up first. It only takes a handful of minutes:
Step 1: Sign up for a Spyic account. Your email ID becomes the username.
Step 2: Purchase a Spyic monthly subscription. Your options are Premium to track a single device and Family/Business to track multiple devices.
Step3: Get Spyic up and running by following the provided setup instructions. You can install Spyic for any iOS device completely remotely. There are no pesky software downloads involved. You don’t need physical access to the device either.
Step 4: Spyic will now sync up with the target device. Congratulations – you can now track the iPhone’s location from the dashboard! Look for the “Location” option in the selection panel on the left.
What can the Location window show you? A lot, as it turns out. Here’s an overview of the information you can expect to receive:
- Current location: Spyic will track an iPhone’s location in real-time. You’ll see the exact location pinned on a virtual map. The program will also generate the postal address of the location in question.
- Location history: Spyic keeps track of all locations visited by the target. You’ll see what places a person visited not just that day, but over the past few weeks.
- Coordinates: Every location is tagged with geographical coordinates. This helps you pinpoint the iPhone’s location much more accurately.
- Timestamps: Additionally, every location entry has a timestamp attached. You can tell when the iPhone visited a certain area and left it.
Besides location tracking, Spyic offers a full suite of monitoring features. You can monitor messages, social media, web browser history, events, and much more.
You can learn more about the app on the Spyic official website.
#2 Find My iPhone
The second app on our list is “Find iPhone”. This is Apple’s official iPhone location tracking app. The app allows you to track lost or stolen devices. Here’s what the app can do for you:
- Locate the iPhone on a map.
- Play a sound on a misplaced iPhone to help you locate it.
- Lock your device and then track it with Lost Mode.
- Remotely erase your personal information.
- Protect your device with Activation Lock.
You need to set up the app before you can use any of these features. The biggest drawback of the app is that it’s not at all discreet. Your target will know you’re tracking them.
#3 Google Maps
The third app we have for you is Google Maps. If the target iPhone has Google Maps installed, you’ll be able to track the location from the Google Maps Timeline utility.
Google Maps allows you to do the following:
- View the target iPhone’s present location on the map.
- See the target’s movements and route taken.
- Get a look at the target’s movement history.
You can track an iPhone’s location for free with Google Maps. The limitation is that the target iPhone needs to have Google Maps installed and a Google account set up first. Also, you’ll need to know the Google account login credentials.
Glympse, like the name suggests, gives you a quick look at a target iPhone’s location. You can also use the app to send a “Glympse” of your location to someone.
See: Student makes documentary after spying on thief who stole his smartphone
Here’s a summary of what the app can do for you:
- Send a Glympse to send someone your current location.
- Request a Glympse from someone to get their real-time location.
- Set up a Glympse group for multiple people to track their locations.
- Share your location or planned route publically.
Once installed, Glympse allows you to request anyone’s current location. The target doesn’t need to have the Glympse app installed. A major drawback, however, is that the target must always manually update their location.
The last app on our list is Life360. It’s a well-known app in the US, offering only limited functionality outside the country. Here’s what the app can do for you:
- The app allows you to plan routes and schedules with your family members.
- You can request or send real-time locations.
- You can set up smart notifications for when someone reaches a particular destination or leaves it. You also get alerts if someone’s phone battery is running dry.
You’ll need Life360 installed on the target iPhone to get it to track the device’s location. You’ll also need permission from the target device, which may or may not be possible.
Wrapping It Up
To sum it up, Spyic allows you to track an iPhone’s location remotely and discreetly. There are no software downloads involved. The other apps on the list also work well, but they’re not discreet. You’ll need to ask for permission first to track the iPhone’s location.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Kindly do like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.