To watch Netflix securely and unlock its international catalog, you just need a reliable VPN – Let’s dig deeper.
Netflix is one of the leading streaming platforms that has over 15,000 titles in its library including licensed and original content. A large number of the global population enjoy their favorite movies or TV shows as Netflix is available everywhere, except in some countries.
But there are chances that you might not be able to continue watching your favorite TV show after traveling to a different region because of geo-restrictions. Netflix has licensing agreements with content creators to restrict their programs in certain regions. This is how producers cover their investments.
But don’t worry, there is a solution for it.
To watch Netflix securely and unlock its international catalog, you just need a reliable VPN and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite geo-restricted shows with just a click of a button.
Keep on reading to know how you can unlock the catalogs of other regions on different devices with a VPN.
VPN On Netflix For iOS
- Go to the App Store and download a reliable VPN app on your iOS.
- Tap on Sign Up and get subscribed.
- You’ll receive the login credentials on your email when you pay the subscription fee.
- Tap on Sign In and enter your credentials to log in to your VPN account.
- Select a server location where the movie or TV show you’re looking for is available on Netflix.
- Launch the Netflix app and enjoy streaming.
VPN On Netflix For Android
- Go to the Google Play Store and download a reliable VPN app.
- Sign Up by providing your basic information, like email address and bank account information.
- Now Log In to the VPN app with your credentials.
- Select a server from the list of locations and connect.
- Launch your Netflix app and stream your favorite movie.
VPN On Netflix For PS4 Console
You can use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer on your PS4 to access different Netflix libraries.
- Subscribe to an ExpressVPN plan.
- Log in with your ExpressVPN credentials on the website and head to the DNS Settings page.
- Click the toggle button in the IP Address Registration section.
- Now go to MediaStreamer DNS Server IP Address where you’ll find your DNS IP. (We will need this later).
- On your PS4, go to the Settings, head to Network, and select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select WiFi.
- Now select Custom for the “How Do You Want to Set Up Internet Connection” section.
- Connect to your WiFi network.
- On the next screen, select Automatic for IP Address Settings, Manual for DNS Settings, keep DHCP Hostname blank.
- Now go to Primary DNS and enter the DNS IP displayed on the ExpressVPN page from step 4 and press Done.
- Now select Automatic for MTU, Test Internet Connection for Internet Settings, and keep Proxy Server blank.
- Now reboot your PS4 for the settings to take effect.
- Launch the Netflix app and stream your favorite TV show.
Best VPNs for Netflix
ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 160 locations from which it can easily unlock streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, or BBC IPlayer.
It has a built-in kill-switch to make sure you don’t expose your original identity if the VPN crashes somehow.
It has SmartDNS (MediaStreamer) that can unlock geo-blocked content without encrypting your traffic. It usually works great on streaming platforms if you’re just looking to access different libraries.
ExpressVPN has a monthly plan of $12.95 with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
With a server count of 5000+ in 62 countries, NordVPN can unlock popular streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, or Amazon Prime Video.
It has a built-in Malware and Advertisement blocker called CyberSec.
You can connect up to 6 devices at the same time.
It has a strict logs policy so you don’t have to worry about your data being tracked.
NordVPN costs $11.95 per month and you can get the 24-month plan for just $99 including 3 free months.
Surfshark is a featured-pack VPN service with 3200 servers in 65 countries. One of the best things about Surfshark is that you can use it on unlimited devices without experiencing any drops in speed or bandwidth.
It can also unlock streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, or Amazon Prime Video.
Surfshark can also protect you against ads, malware, or phishing websites with its built-in feature called CleanWeb. You can also bypass the VPN on certain apps (banking apps, for instance) with its built-in Bypasser feature.
You can get Surfshark with a monthly plan of $12.95 and the best deal of 24 months costs $64.74.