Cloud storage devices are popular nowadays because they allow storing any files without taking hard disk or smartphone memory space. They are easy and convenient. They store data online, and you can use them anytime if you have an Internet connection.
Dropbox and Google Drive are some of the most famous online cloud storage. Sometimes, one of them is more convenient than the other, and you may transfer Google Drive to Dropbox and vice versa. Migrate your work, study, or personal files using the tips above.
Download & Upload Files
Cloud storage allows users to download and upload files in any amount. Using a smartphone, a tablet, or a PC, transfer Dropbox to Google Drive manually. Here’s a how-to:
- In your Dropbox account, choose “My Files.”
- Select documents and click “Download.”
- In Google Drive, choose “My Drive.”
- Select documents through the “Upload” button.
This way to sync Dropbox to Google Drive is fine if there aren’t many files. If you migrate several small files, this might work for you. Still, re-uploading a large amount of data might take days.
Drag & Drop
Drag and drop files from the two applications are also fine. That is a manual way of transferring, but it is simpler. You can only do it on devices that can create two windows on the screen simultaneously. A laptop or PC will be the most convenient to move Dropbox to Google Drive. This is how you do it:
- Install both applications.
- Open the browser and create two tabs in different windows. Place them next to each other; both of them should be visible.
- On one window, open your Google Drive, log into the system.
- On the other window, open your Dropbox, enter the system.
- Copy or select all necessary files from Dropbox, paste, or drag and drop them in the other storage.
This way might seem easy, but in practice, it will take a lot of time. Your device will first download files to your computer memory and only then sync Dropbox to Google Drive. That is similar to manual download and upload, but a computer will do most of the manual part for you.
Still, when you download or upload manually, you might make pauses so that process went smoothly. When you migrate Dropbox to Google Drive, the process is bulky, so you will wait much longer. You will need a more powerful computer with a stable Internet connection. Otherwise, the process might be unsuccessful or take lots of time. Also, in most cases, the computer will slow down, so using it at that moment is not the best idea.
Use Wondershare InClowdz
If you do not fancy the idea of long, tiresome manual file migration, try a specialized app that will transfer Dropbox to Google Drive easily and fast. Wondershare InClowdz can benefit you in many ways:
- Migrate data from one cloud to another.
- Manage all of your clouds in one place.
- Automatically migrate new files from one storage to the other.
- Keep your files as well as personal data safe.
If you have a large amount of data to transfer, use this powerful, fast app that will move your files without data loss. It can sync all files and folders in minutes. The app supports many clouds, so you can migrate Google Drive to OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, AmazonS3. Wondershare InClowdz also has a useful function of storing all your account data or passwords. That is convenient when you have many devices or accounts.
How to Use Wondershare InClowdz
- Open tool on your computer. If you are a new user, click “Create an account,” or sign in if you already have one.
- Authorize your clouds for the app to grant them access, after which let the app transfer data.
- Click the “Migrate” button. After this, add all clouds through the button “Add Cloud Drive.” Add necessary clouds into “Source cloud drive” and “Target cloud drive” sections. For example, choose to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive.
- Choose files or folders from the cloud. If you wish to migrate all data in the cloud, click “Choose a box.”
- Choose a target folder in the other cloud.
- Choose ”Migrate” and start the process.
- Wait for transfer. Usually, this process doesn’t take much time.
Sync Google Drive with Dropbox Fast Without Worries
Manual file migration doesn’t fit most people. For work or personal purposes, we transfer several megabytes or gigabytes of data between cloud storage. Sometimes, there are more than two of them. Use Wondershare InClowdz to migrate any files from any clouds quickly without effort. Experience all benefits of the software with a free trial version.