When setting up an E-commerce store, keep two things in mind: website design and mobile friendliness
Remember the feeling you had when holding the desk globe? The whole world seemed to be at the tips of your fingers and you could easily reach any desirable point. Well, that’s how E-commerce works 一 regardless of location, it is possible to develop influence and reach clients anywhere in the world provided you build a smart online presence.
If you are on your way to establishing an E-commerce store, let’s define the major steps to take to make your enterprise visible among the competitors.
How to Build an E-commerce Website?
The main objective of E-commerce is to create an enjoyable and seamless journey for every customer through the sales funnel and turn them into loyal clients.
- Define the business model
There are four basic business models that define the direction of your enterprise:
- B2C 一 Business-to-customer 一 business sells products to customers.
- B2B 一 Business-to-business 一 business sells products to other businesses.
- C2C 一 Customer-to-customer 一 a marketplace where customers sell or exchange goods.
- C2B 一 Customer-to-business 一 individuals sell their products and services to businesses.
- Choose an E-commerce website builder
A website is the foundation of the online store, as it attracts customers and leads to sales improvements. A transfer from a brick-and-mortar shop to an E-commerce may take time and a great deal of knowledge regarding the construction of the website. Therefore, there is a better and faster solution to follow 一 the E-commerce platforms, which offer a wide range of options to cover various needs and requests of the customers regarding the E-commerce websites.
The well-known platforms are Wix, Amazon, WordPress, Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify, etc. They all offer different modes of functioning:
- If an owner of a website has no knowledge of programming and has no intention to hire a team of programmers, they can be offered simple and non-customizable options, which will help them process the sales, yet the identity of the company may suffer.
- If an owner is willing to create the whole environment of the company, and set its tone of voice and brand identity, it’s worth choosing the customizable solution and entrusting all the adjustments to professionals like web development company Emerline, as such an approach will make you visible is the endless ocean of E-commerce shops.
- Engaging web design
When considering the features of a site for the E-commerce industry, it is important to keep the user experience as the priority, as they are the force behind your success. If the website offers its clients a seamless and non-obstructive shopping experience, they will be back in the sales funnel when they need your service or goods.
What Are the Most Important Things to Consider?
- Responsiveness of the website
An average shopper will spend approximately 3-3.18 minutes for an E-commerce store, that’s the amount of time given to grasp one’s attention and engage in active shopping. When the website loads slowly (which can be the result of a poor hosting service), the user gets irritated, and will not even proceed to product search. Moreover, poor website performance will ruin the positive image of the brand.
- Call to action (CTA)
When customizing the website to users’ needs, it is vital to walk the whole way to the ‘submit’ button in their shoes. An E-commerce store is typically full of items on the page, and not all users can quickly figure out what to do next. The majority of the users will just leave, if the procedure isn’t clear, and only a few will stay if you offer very low pricing compared to competitors. Hence, use the “click here,” “choose the item,” “proceed to the next stage,” etc. verbal and visual clues to let them complete the purchase.
- Shopping cart and check-out
What is the worst nightmare for users who dedicated their priceless time to an E-commerce store? Registration of a new user. Make sure the developers add the ‘quick registration,’ otherwise, the customer is gone. There should be a few registration options 一 for loyal (registered) clients, and newcomers (non-registered). The quick options are typically through social networks, phones, or e-mails.
The payment option should also be based on all the available options nowadays 一 PayPal, traditional debit/credit cards, digital wallets, etc., as the inconvenience with payment will force the clients to look for more convenient options.
- About us
While the owners of an E-commerce store consider this page as “the last on the list”, it is an important part of the user’s research. The customer of today is showered with shopping options, which makes them quite finicky, they don’t just want to buy the goods, they want to see the story behind the company, as it creates its value. It is important to elaborate on the text, be respectful to the customers, and not give too many details, yet manage to keep their attention.
- Mobile-friendly website
Our society lives at hyper-speed, and people do everything on the go. Therefore, they will rather order something using their smartphone, than wait till they switch on the laptop or PC. A mobile-friendly option shows care for the customer and respect for their time.
The Bottom Line
Having an E-commerce store is a cornerstone of business development. It opens up new opportunities and makes the store visible to the whole world. However, you are noticeable, when you show the individualism of your store. Make sure you choose the professionals to help you make a difference and thus, win the customers’ attention.
- Google Vertex AI Vision: Revolutionizing E-Commerce?
- The Benefits of Dedicated Server Hosting for Online Retail
- 5 essential steps needed to set up a secure e-commerce website
- Fortifying Customer Connections: Cybersecurity in Client-Centric Tech
- Buy-Now-Pay-Later (BNPL) is Revolutionising the E-Commerce Landscape