Knowing who visits your website gives you valuable data that your sales team can use this valuable marketing information to actively develop your business environment. People visit your website because they are interested in what you offer (products and services).
Not all website user data is the same. So the more specific you are, the better for you and your marketing team. No matter how good your website is, only 2% of visitors link to your website. This means that 98% of site visitors visit, browse, and leave without being prompted.
You also don’t know much about these inactive website visitors, so it’s quite difficult for you to develop an effective marketing strategy to get them to come back to you (so that they become regular customers of your business environment).
This article explains what information is available about website visitors, how you can access it with modern solutions offered by visitor identification systems, and why it’s important. You can go further and learn how to reach these visitors and increase their conversion rate. This allows you and your sales team to fill your sales pipeline with quality leads.
Key benefits of website visitor identification processes
Why is it so important to know who is visiting your site? How important is it to use technical means for their localization? This is important to sales success for the following reasons:
First, it’s unclear why 98% of visitors leave your website before taking the next step in the purchasing process.
- Am I not in your target market?
- Have trouble with your landing page?
- Identifying your site visitors will help you find the answers to all these questions.
The biggest problem is that you don’t know who is visiting your site, and you’re missing out on great, profitable marketing opportunities. With proper service and user interaction, it is impossible to predict whether 98% of visitors will convert and become your loyal customers. By knowing your visitors, you can significantly increase your income.
Google Analytics gives you a pretty informative insight into the overall performance of your website. Analyze website audience, demographics, behaviour, purchasing patterns, and conversion rates. Best of all, it’s completely free. Here are some key performance indicators and ratios to keep in mind when using Google Analytics.
- Demographics – The age and gender of your website visitors will tell you if they fit your ideal customer profile.
- Location – Like demographics, knowing the geographic location of your visitors will help you understand whether your digital marketing strategies are attracting your ideal customers.
- Device – Indicates whether the visitor is using a computer or mobile device.
- Engagement – Knowing how visitors get to your site shows how your marketing strategy is working and effectively helps you identify opportunities to improve your team’s marketing efforts.
- Behavioural Traffic – Shows traffic from your most popular landing pages to other pages on the web, showing where traffic is growing and where visitors are stopping.
- Session duration – By knowing how much time visitors spend on your site, you can understand how useful and interesting it is.
- Bounce Rate – If your website has a high bounce rate, you should pay attention to page load times and overall website design.
- Popularity – Knowing which sites are the most popular and which are the least popular will help you decide which sites to target for paid advertising.
Key solutions offered by the Google Analytics platform
Google Analytics has long been the gold standard for collecting and analyzing data about website visitors. The platform contains valuable marketing information such as the number of users, the type of device used, and the origin of the users.
Google Analytics is a good starting point to determine who is visiting your site. Google Analytics offers several reports that contain traffic data from different websites. Tracking of website visitors using the Google Analytics platform is as follows:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account (or create one);
- Create an attribute (the website whose traffic you want to track) and add the tracking code;
- Go to Purchase, Full Broadcast, Channels;
- For a more detailed analysis, see the Source report under Total Traffic.
Add the tracking code to the property (website), step 2:
- In the Admin section, select the appropriate account in the Account column.
- Go to the Properties column and select Create Property.
- Enter a property name and select a time zone and currency.
- Click “Show advanced options”
- Check the Universal Analytics attribute.
- Enter a web address and select HTTP or HTTPS
- Creation of Google Analytics and Universal Analytics resources (code tags).
Modern software solutions that help to effectively identify website visitors
Not all key methods of identifying website visitors are the same. Some are simple but cheap, identifying visitors and nothing more. Other website user tracking tools can convert this data into actions to show which visitors should be followed, and create a target group of visitors who are interested in certain products that are in the range of your business environment. Tools for identifying website visitors include website visitor analytics tools, these powerful tools have been around for many years.
However, since 2020, the coronavirus pandemic has changed the landscape of online shopping. With more people browsing and shopping online than before the pandemic, tracking website visitors has become a key aspect of many businesses’ successful business operations. Increase your website traffic with fast and easy online shopping. The growing importance of website conversions means you can’t rely on people finding your website.
Here are some key, effective, modern tools to help you take advantage of increased traffic and more conversions:
LeadBoxer – LeadBoxer not only identifies website visitors but also turns this information into actionable data to accelerate your sales process. It covers about 50% of anonymous visitors. You can monitor the behaviour of visitors to your website on the Internet, such as visiting the website, opening emails, clicking on newsletters, advertising, and using social networks. This gives a complete picture of how your website interacts with visitors.
LeadBoxer may also provide visitors with information about their primary business and specialization. LeadBoxer calculates a score for each potential client based on key criteria defined by your business organization. The higher the leader’s score, the better the prospects. Sales reps can instantly see who is converting and who isn’t.
Hubspot Sales Hub – This is a modern, powerful sales management tool with built-in visitor identification and lead qualification tools. Hubspot shows you in real time which companies are visiting your site and how many visitors are visiting each company. It shows which pages the user has visited and how many pages they have viewed. Hubspot takes valuable marketing information like company size and geography and turns it into filtering options.
Salesforce Sales Cloud – This is an effective attendance management system that can identify website visitors. Shows marketing campaigns that drive ads and their impact on sales traffic. This provides an opportunity for companies to make informed decisions about where to invest their marketing funds to promote their business activities.